Wednesday, October 31, 2007

This is the Christmas ornament that I tatted for my mom & dad for Christmas when I was about 13 years old. [Or maybe much later. Mark found the pattern in a DMC book called Festive Tatting 1983, but I wonder if it was published earlier than that also. I can't imagine me having time to tat in 1983 - 1993. I was working full time and trying to raise 3 little kids on my own.]
Of course since I'm getting old my memory may be fooling me. Or I could just plain be wrong.
Has anyone seen the pattern in another book?


I know that the pattern was in a book, but I don't know what book. I added the white faceted beads there were bare threads between the rings, and in the book there was a small star or cross in the center. I just tatted a ring instead.

My mom kept it put away, and it came back to me when she passed away a few years ago. I gave it to my niece Kerri, and when she died I got it back to photograph, but her husband, Jerry, wanted to keep it.

The thread is knit cro sheen. That's the only thread that was available to me other than the small tatting thread. This measures about 3" wide by about 4" tall.