Monday, July 09, 2007

Sunflower and Violets Copyright Ruth Perry 1989


I was looking in some old folders for a photo I wanted to look at, and instead found this old photo I took of some flowers I tatted a LONG time ago... can it be THAT long ago???

My grandson was "helping me" clean out the garage when he was 4 years old, and found this sunflower in a box that also had scissors in it. He had seen me tatting many times, and used the scissors to take the beads out of this, which is what I used to do if I tatted something I didn't like and wanted to reuse the beads. Well, good thing I had taken a photo of it!!! I'm not sure I could tat it now or not. I'll have to give it a try, from memory and this photo.

Grandson, Thomas, is 6'5" now and will be 18 years old in a few months. Wow, how time flies. Thomas asked me to teach him to tat when he was 14 and went to fairs and festivals with me. He is quite the tatting designer. His first design was a balloon (ring with no picots) and the second was a bunny rabbit (ring with two large picots). How he's pretty busy with a job and high school, but all the memories make me smile.

The best things in life aren't things!