Monday, September 26, 2005

The Cincinnati Celtic World Festival at Coney Island was this past weekend, and I got to go hear Patti Walker and Ceol Mohr play. I learned that the name means "Great music", or whas that "great noise?" I'd say the former. The only problem I had was the music was so inspiring I kept wanting to get up and dance a jig or a polka, depending on the tune.

Wilma, K & Bill Boniface and I enjoyed the music, and sitting around together tatting. I had tatted some Celtic Knots with twisted cord and put them on Hair clips, so we all had a Celtic knot to wear.

I also volunteered in the kids craft & games area where I tatted spiders, butterflies, and Celtic Knot snails for prizes for the games. It was a good day but a hot one.

One of my favorite things about the Celtic Festivals is the Welsh cookies. These are very much like the cookies my grandmother made when I was little. YUM!!!

The weekend before I got to go to the Beavercreek Heritage Days festival with the Dayton Tatters, and demonstrate with Ann S. and some of the other Dayton area tatters. That was a fun day too. Lots of people stopped by to look at the tatting and several tried it out.

Well, that's about it for now.