Monday, March 29, 2004

Monday afternoon... Thomas and I played with my Lego mindstorms last night after church. He is very quick at picking up how to do things. We had fun. Today he showed his art teacher how to tat. :-)

I sent Wally's hugs off in the mail and writing a letter to go with them was not an easy task. I had looked on the internet for something to say that would comfort her, but I ended up crying for an hour of more at some of the messages on http://misschildren.org

After that I talked with my daughter Jennifer who is in Jordan for a few minutes and was relieved to hear that she is OK. The middle east is not a good place for Americans right now, if ever. But she is grown up and following her own path. Wherever it may lead.

I found this awesome Native American story yesterday, and it relates to one of my favorite passages of scripture...

Who Will Win?

An Indian grandfather told his grandson that there is a battle between two wolves that live within you.

One is evil and has anger, envy, sorrow, regrets, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, superiority, and ego.

The other wolf is good and has joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, empathy, generosity, faith, courage, honor and integrity.

The grandson asked his grandfather, "Which one wins"? The old Indian simply replied, "The one you feed".

Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."


I saw a sign in a store this afternoon that I also liked:



Good Morning, this is God.

I will be handling all of your problems today.

I do not need any help from you,

so just relax and have a great day!




This is something I often need to remember.

My original thoughts on this sight are copyright 2004 Rozella Linden. Every attempt is made to give credit to the originator of any quotes if known. If I have placed something on this site that should have a reference or link added, please let me know and I will add the information or remove it from the page.

God is still good!
Ruth